21 July 2014 Filed Under: Tips
Before you book a hotel in Paris online, through a travel agency or over the phone, it’s important you do your research first. Choosing the wrong hotel can bust your budget and even worse, spoil your trip.
Want to have the best Paris trip possible? Then be sure to avoid these 5 major mistakes when booking your accommodations:
- Not knowing your travel details. You should always have as many travel details ready as possible when it’s time to book a hotel in Paris. This will ensure you find a hotel that not only has space for your entire stay, but also one that can accommodate your arrival and departure times easily.
- Forgetting to make a budget. Having your budget on hand is key when researching and evaluating potential hotels. You need to know what you can afford, what you can’t, and what price range to stay in.
- Not looking at reviews. Reviews can give you valuable insight into a hotel’s staff, accommodations, food and much, much more. Always do your research before booking a hotel, and make sure past customers have been satisfied.
- Failing to call the hotel directly. Discount travel sites can be convenient and easy to use, but they don’t always offer the most comprehensive or affordable options. Many hotels offer special packages and discount pricing that may not be available on booking sites. Be sure to call your hotel before booking elsewhere, and see if there are any unlisted prices or specials you need to know about.
- Forgetting your trip’s purpose. Always have a purpose for your trip. Whether it’s sightseeing, a business meeting or even just seeing as much of the city as you can, having a purpose will allow you to choose the most conveniently located hotel for your needs (and ensure your trip is a success.)
Are you ready to book a hotel in Paris? Then contact the Hotel Astor Saint Honoré now. Our helpful concierge would be happy to share our latest pricing and specials with you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.