3 July 2014 Filed Under: Tips
If you stay in hotels in Saint Honoré, Paris’ finest attractions are just outside your door. Saint Honoré is located right in the heart of the city, offering access to the city’s best dining, sightseeing and shopping opportunities. Saint Honore is an especially good spot for art lovers, as a handful of Paris’ best museums are located in the area.
Are you and your family looking at hotels in Saint Honoré, Paris, for your upcoming trip? If so, be sure to visit these top 5 museums during your stay:
- The Louvre – Arguably the most renowned museum in the world, the Louvre is a must-see when you visit Paris. It’s home to thousands of pre-20th century art pieces, including paintings, sculptures and of course, Leonard da Vinci’s most famous painting, the Mona Lisa.
- Musée d’Orsay – Right around the corner from the Louvre, you’ll find the Musée d’Orsay, home to an immense collection of impressionist and post-impressionist paintings. Here you can see work by some of the greatest artists of the nineteenth century, including Degas, Gaugin, Monte, Manet and Van Gogh.
- The National Museum of Modern Art – With more than 50,000 works on site, the Musée National d’Art Modern covers every modern art movement imaginable. You’ll see Pop Art, Cubism, Surrealism and anything and everything in between. The museum also regularly features temporary exhibits, so there’s always something new to see.
- Musée National du Moyen Âge – Also called the National Museum of the Middle Ages, this museum gives visitors a glimpse into the medieval period, both in art and historical life. The museum itself is housed in the Hôtel de Cluny, a former abbey and Roman bathhouse.
- Petit Palais – Extremely close to the Champs-Élysées area, the Petit Palais boasts more than 1,000 works from the early 20th century, including some by Cezanne, Monet and Delacroix. Admission is free.
If you’re interested in hotels in Saint Honoré, Paris, then look no further than the Hotel Astor. With affordable rates, beautiful accommodations and a top-notch staff, you’ll never want to stay anywhere else.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.